The Minddistrict infrastructure is currently in a very happy state and growing steadily:
- As little hardware as possible: we purchase VMware virtual machines, firewalls, uplink and power from Intermax, one of the best Dutch service providers.
- On these machines we run Ubuntu Linux, configured by Puppet with configurations in Hiera. We have both hardware and software firewalls.
- We monitor the machines and the deployments with Nagios and Munin.
- Server and application logs are centralized in Sentry and Logstash.
- We deploy a new version of the Minddistrict software at least once a month, with intermediate releases when necessary for important features.
The development/QA/release management process is pretty strict, in order to have as little discontinuation of the service as possible.
By outsourcing as much as possible and automating everything else, we have successfully kept middle-of-the-night crises to a minimum.
The current infrastructure has been set up by our devops engineers. Minddistrict is expanding, so we need a specialist to guide the growth and well-being of our infrastructure with a focus on security, high availability and performance. Besides that the post-holder will be taking over the current day-to-day operations work from the devops engineers allowing them to focus on the core product. You can always rely on the rest of the team for guidance, backup and support.
Examples of day-to-day administration tasks are:
- keeping all monitoring lights green.
- keeping track on resource utilisation and take appropriate actions in time.
- off-site backups.
- OS updates.
- keeping track of security bulletins and take appropriate actions in time.
- application performance monitoring and helping finding bottle necks and hotspots.
- log management, identifying server and application issues.
- assisting in deploying new version of the application stack.
- supporting in procedures related to internal office automation
- supporting Minddistrict to stay in control, conform ISO 27001
You are expected to take on an active role in promoting new technologies and concepts to improve site reliability, availability and performance such as caching, load balancing and sharding.
Skills & Requirements
- excellent linux server skills
- experience with server automation tools such as puppet
- experience with site reliability and performance monitoring
- experience with building and maintaining secure installations.
- take the right precautions when working with sensitive data. Minddistrict is subject to several laws and regulations with regard to safeguarding privacy/medical data.
- experience with Postgres/Nginx/Apache/Python/mercurial/git
- experience working in a Scrum/Agile team.
- experience with HIPAA, NHS IG Toolkit, ISO 27001, or any other regulations and laws related to information governance and ehealth.
- market salary
- MacBook + standup desk + big screen
- Amsterdam and Rotterdam offices, with the possibility of working remote regularly
- work with a team of designers, passionate web and mobile engineers who believe that the product they are working on empowers real people to master their own wellbeing.
- room to improve your own skills and being surrounded by team members who are doing the same
- access to training materials and conferences
This position is not limited to native Dutch speakers. A good command of the English language is a necessity.
Minddistrict is market leader for mental ehealth in the Netherlands, Germany and the UK. Minddistrict offers a SAAS web application which therapists and clients of mental health institutions use to work on online therapy.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12. The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team. See https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2000/08/09/the-joel-test-12-steps-to-better-code/
Agency calls are not appreciated.